As festival season fast approaches I thought I’d compile a little list of my absolute must have festival items/accessories. 10 things that I HAVE to take with me to every festival to accessorise my outfits.
- Hat – the style of hat I’ve used over the years has changed but i’ve always chosen something a bit quirky – my grey reversible (old school I know :P) army print bucket hat (eBay) and glittery cap (River Island) have both been my faves for sure! That way if by some miracle the English sun decides to make an appearance, not only are you protecting that wee head of yours but you look pretty sick too (also covering up the fact your hair probably hasn’t been washed in a few days ;))!
- Bum bag – As much as we hate to think it, thieves are a thing at festivals so get yourself a bum bag to put your money and valuables in and keep it with you at all times. I love bumbags because I don’t realise I’m carrying anything – plus you can get some epic styles nowadays too. My sequin Skinny Dip bumbag is the ONE!
- Sunglasses – possibly my favourite accessory of them all, I’m always one to have funky sunnies. I’m guilty of actually taking 2 or 3 pairs with me which is kind of excessive but I can’t help myself!
- Glitter – because its not a festival without covering yourself head to toe in glitter and feeling like some kind of unicorn fairy princess. My favourite online store to buy glitter is Gypsy Shrine, they have some amazing tutorials too!
- Lipstick – Accompany the mountains of glitter with some matching bright lipstick and liner – my favourite was the ombre purple lip in the photo above – using MAC Odyssey Lipstick and Cyber World Liner.
- Faux Septum Ring – I’m one of those people that are too chicken to get the actual piercing done so when the faux rings became a thing I was all over it! I buy mine from Lamoda, they have some beaut styles and so cheap!
- Wellies – Ok so they’re not exactly fashionable but they are DEFINITELY an essential in English weather!
- Rain Coat – Again, thanks to the British weather a decent rain coat is a must! However, somehow I always sacrifice a rain coat that actually works with one that looks cool ASF! My holographic coat from Missguided is my favourite to date!
- Hair rings – there’s not a lot you can do with your hair after not washing it for a few days – my go-to style is french plaits or space buns jazzed up with some hair rings to deter from the greasiness! Again, these are from Lamoda.
- Eyeliner – nothing like some serious winged eyeliner to distract the world from the fact that you’ve had very little sleep for days.
Thank you for reading, I would LOVE for you to like/comment/share/follow. Stay tuned for some similar posts on the run up to festival season. I will be making a full list of what to take 😀