A short list of restaurant and coffee shops we visited while in Amsterdam! I would recommend any of the following 🙂
- Da Georgio – A lovely ITALIAN restaurant on a busy street near the Red Light District. They have decent set meals for great prices. Massive portion sizes, and my steak was delicious!
- Ms Crumbs – we visited Ms. Crumbs everyday as it was right next to our Hotel on the Red Light District. Delicious cakes, sandwiches, panini’s, fresh fruit smoothies/juices and hot drinks.
- Calf and Bloom – a modern and spacious restaurant with a beautiful view looking over the canal, next to the flower market. The food was delicious, I would recommend the pizza or spaghetti bolognese!
- Heffer – A grand, oak panelled cafe with a big screen showing sports and music! I had an AMAZING goats cheese panini from here; they offer a HUGE amount of food options. Heffer‘s is about a 2 minute walk from central station, just behind the famous ‘Grass Hopper’ restaurant.
- Grass Hopper – A famous grand cafe in the perfect location, viewable from Amsterdam’s central station. We ate here on our last day when we had a few hours to kill before catching our train to the airport. Again, the portions here were massive -the chicken sate was delicious.
- One place I wish we had visited is the revolving restaurant (Restaurant Moon) at the A’dam tower. I went to a similar one in Vegas and it was an amazing experience!
- Original Dampkring – We stumbled across this cafe while exploring on our first day, one of us had been there before so recommended we go in. It has a really cool interior and a lovely resident cat! The hot chocolate was amazing and the staff did not hold back on the amount of whipped cream they put on top!
- Prix D’Amis – this huge coffee shop has comfy seats, lots of TV’s showing sports, movies etc, great table service and most of all the nachos are UNREAL.
I hope you found this list helpful! Feel free to comment/like/share/follow 🙂