Our time in Vegas during our California Road Trip was short but sweet – here’s how to spend a weekend in Vegas and get SO much done! We managed to tick everything off our Vegas bucket list in just three days – Gamble, visit Fremont Street in Downtown Las Vegas, Grand Canyon Tour, visit some of the most famous hotels on the strip, go clubbing, watch the Bellagio fountains, watch a show and more! Below is our itinerary and how we fit it all in and a short video of our time!
Day 1 – Caesars Palace, Bellagio Fountains, Chateaux Nightclub!
- Check into the Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- Walk through Caesars Palace to see the amazing decor of the most famous hotel on the strip
- Dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory! We were recommended this place and it did not disappoint! Ridiculous amounts of food to choose from on the menu – all delicious, we ate too much and didn’t have room for cheesecake! *The Korean style cauliflower is BANGINGGGG*
- Watch the Bellagio Fountains (they are on every half an hour from 3pm – 8pm, every 15minutes 8pm – midnight). The fountains are one of the most famous parts of the Vegas strip and are totally breathtaking.
- Chateaux night club in Paris hotel under the Eiffel Tower! An amazing night dancing under the Eiffel Tower with a view of the Bellagio and the fountains. If you plan on going clubbing while in Vegas, try to catch some of the club promoters in the day for free entry or guest list!
Day 2 – The Bellagio, Watch a Show, Hakassan Nightclub!
- Booked tickets for a show that evening at Tix4Tonight (kiosk next to Bally’s), this is the best place to buy last minute discounted tickets for Las Vegas shows. We booked Circus 1903 for just $40 each.
- Walk around Bellagio and look at the beautiful indoor flower gardens. The gardens change all the time and are always absolutely stunning!
- The Paris Hotel swimming pool for some much needed chill time
- Watch Circus 1903 show in Paris Hotel theatre, an amazing circus show set in 1903 – the acts were out of this world and the show was funny – I would definitely recommend if you want to see some incredible circus skills at a reasonable price.
- 2 for 1 drinks at Fuel Bar – we had the best time being entertained by some of the best flair bartenders I have ever seen (especially Sooshey Rholes, he was HILARIOUS), guys if you want a fun place to pre drink DEFINITELY go here (pick up some 2 for 1 drinks tickets from the street team beforehand).
Watch a video of Sooshey Rholes’ skillzzzzz here > http://www.finchie-jo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/IMG_5592.mov
- Hakkasan night club in MGM Grand to watch Steve Aoki, we were approached earlier in the day by a promoter and given free guest list tickets for the show! We LOVED it obviously and are now Steve Aoki’s biggest fans 😉
Day 3 – Grand Canyon Tour, The Venetian Hotel, Fremont Street!
- Pick up at 10am for Grand Canyon West Rim Airline tour. Driven to the small airport (about 30 minute drive). We booked this tour through Papillon at $219 each. There are so many different tours at different prices and durations, you should do some research and find out which one works best for you.
- Took a small plane to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon (about 25 minute plane ride)
- 3.5 hour self guided walking tour. Once we were off the plane we had time to use the free shuttle bus that drops you off at three different locations; Hualapai Ranch, Skywalk and Guano point. This was the perfect tour for us because we could go at our own pace (we are young girls so obviously had to take a million photos at each point).
- The Hualapai Ranch was very cool, there are lots of activities you can try whilst you’re there and also a restaurant, gift shops etc.
- Skywalk. We didn’t have tickets for the skywalk but there are parts of the Canyon you can see and take pictures of without paying.
- Guano Point. This was my favourite part of the trip – an amazing spot to see the Canyon and take some incredible shots. I would recommend this tour highly, it was a great price and shorter in duration compared to the bus tours so fitted perfectly into our short time in Vegas.
- Lunch at Guano Point at the Grand Canyon. Unbeatable views, however the food wasn’t the best. (There isn’t much choice of places to eat while you’re out there unless you take a packed lunch.)
- Bus dropped us back to the Venetian hotel to see the impressive interior made to look just like Venice – indoor canals, gondola’s and even St Mark’s Square.
- Dinner at Mon Ami Gabi, Paris Hotel’s most popular restaurant because of the amazing view from the terrace of the Las Vegas Strip and Bellagio Fountains. I would recommend the goats cheese and garlic bread starter, my favourite meal from the whole 2 week holiday!
- Uber to Fremont Street, Downtown Las Vegas to gamble on some cheaper tables! Fremont Street is my favourite because of the buzzing atmosphere, especially as it was Halloween so everyone was dressed up! Make sure you watch the Ceiling Light Show (Viva Vision Light Show- 6pm – 1am, on the hour every hour) and try the Zip Line that takes you down the street from Slotzilla!
Thank you for reading, I hope you find this list helpful! *The only thing we didn’t have time to do is a pool party but DEFINITELY make time for one if you can fit it in! There are so many during summer Thursday – Sunday. During winter there aren’t as many but do some research and I’m sure you will find one!*
Please feel free to like/comment/share/follow! 🙂